In addition to formal schooling and training, there are certain skills and qualities that someone should have in order to excel as a medical transcriptionist:
- Are you interested in medicine and health care?
- Do you have good grammar and punctuation skills?
- Do you have good editing abilities?
- Can you type quickly and accurately?
- Are you able to work independently?
- Do you have good self-discipline?
- Do you have a good ability to focus?
- Are you detail-oriented and organized?
- Are you computer literate?
- Do you have good listening skills?
- Do you work well under time constraints?
- Can you understand and interpret legal and medical concepts?
- Do you have good hand-eye coordination?
If you answered yes to most or all of these questions, then a job as a medical transcriptionist might be the career choice for you!