Head down south to the “Heart of Dixie” and join any one of a number of Alabama medical transcription schools. Alabama medical transcription schools offer many great campuses, whether you are near Mobile, Montgomery, or Birmingham! There are also several fantastic online degree programs based out of Alabama today. Alabama medical transcription schools will teach you how to become one of the best medical transcriptionists in the nation. This exciting career involves listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports, and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology. Choose between one of our featured online or traditional Alabama medical transcription schools and get started today!
As an Alabama medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Alabama:
- Average annual salary: $27,060
- Currently employed: 1,290
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Alabama Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now