Just like the state, your education will be golden at one of the many California medical transcription schools. Your education can begin in some of the most exciting cities in the country. There are California medical transcription schools in Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco and more! California medical transcription schools also offer online degree programs if you prefer to work at your own pace. With either option, you will learn everything you need to know to start working as a medical transcriptionist in no time. This career entails listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Don’t wait another minute; sign up for one of our featured online or traditional California medical transcription schools below!
As a California medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in California:
- Average annual salary: $45,280
- Currently employed: 4,600
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
California Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now