Just like the state itself, the Illinois medical transcription schools offer a little bit of everything. From the booming city of Chicago to the smaller agricultural communities, Illinois has something for everyone. Illinois medical transcription schools have terrific campuses across the state, including places like Naperville and the Quad Cities. Online education programs are also offered by Illinois medical transcription schools, so all options are on the table. No matter which education path you choose, Illinois medical transcription schools will give you the skills needed for your career. As a medical transcriptionist, you will be listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Take a look at our featured list of Illinois medical transcription schools below, including traditional education and online degree programs, and decide which school is perfect for you!
As an Illinois medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Illinois:
- Average annual salary: $35,830
- Currently employed: 2,730
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Illinois Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now