In the Hawkeye State, you will be able to spot one of many fantastic Iowa medical transcription schools. Earn your degree in Des Moines, Cedar Rapids, or Davenport; the choice is yours! Iowa medical transcription schools will help you earn any type of education you want, whether you prefer a traditional classroom setting or an online program. Either way, America’s Heartland will provide you with top notch education in this exciting field. By attending one of the Iowa medical transcription schools, you will be able to begin an interesting career that involves listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Decide between one of our traditional or online Iowa medical transcription schools featured below and enroll now!
As an Iowan medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Iowa:
- Average annual salary: $32,450
- Currently employed: 1,170
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Iowa Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now