Just like the state was formed from the Mississippi River, Louisiana medical transcription schools can form your education into a success. This southern state is rich with culture, and your time spent here will be unforgettable. Louisiana medical transcription schools offer some great campuses. Whether you want to be near Baton Rouge, Jefferson Parish, or even take classes online, Louisiana has something for everyone. Louisiana medical transcription schools will help prepare you for a career as a medical transcriptionist. Your work will involve listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Our list of featured Louisiana medical transcription schools can be found below. Decide between an online and traditional degree earning program and get started today!
As a Louisiana medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Louisiana:
- Average annual salary: $29,540
- Currently employed: 1,100
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Louisiana Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now