Head northeast to the Pine Tree State and join one of the superb Maine medical transcription schools. Maine medical transcription schools have great campuses across the state as well as online degree programs. You will be able to explore places like Portland and Augusta while earning a quality education. The Maine medical transcription schools will teach you everything you need to know to become a great medical transcriptionist. This interesting line of work entails listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Below you can find our list of featured Maine medical transcription schools. Sign up for an online or traditional degree earning program to begin your exciting educational career!
As a Maine medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Maine:
- Average annual salary: $32,580
- Currently employed: 630
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Maine Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now