Come to a state renowned for its quality universities and enroll in one of the many Massachusetts medical transcription schools. Known as the Bay State, Massachusetts provides a perfect New England atmosphere with lots to do. Massachusetts medical transcription schools are available all over the state, including popular areas like Boston and Worcester. Online degree programs are also offered through the Massachusetts medical transcription schools if you prefer to work independently at your own pace. No matter which one of the Massachusetts medical transcription schools you choose, your education will prepare you for an exciting career as a medical transcriptionist. Your work will involve listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Whether you are interested in an online or traditional Massachusetts medical transcription school, explore our list of featured programs and below and enroll today!
As a Massachusetts medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Massachusetts:
- Average annual salary: $43,520
- Currently employed: 1,380
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Massachusetts Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now