Take a bite out of the Big Apple by joining one of the many terrific New York medical transcription schools. By enrolling in one of the New York medical transcription schools you will be able to get your education in great places like Albany, Long Island, Manhattan, and Brooklyn. New York medical transcription schools also offer online degree programs allowing you to work at your own pace. Either way, you will get a great education and training in order to become a top notch medical transcriptionist. This career involves listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Our list of featured New York medical transcription schools is located below. Find the one right for you and enroll today!
As a New York medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in New York:
- Average annual salary: $36,820
- Currently employed: 3,910
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
New York Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now