The Buckeye state has renowned education programs and the Ohio medical transcription schools are superb. You can earn your degree in great cities like Cleveland, Dayton and Columbus. Ohio medical transcription schools also offer online degree programs which allow you to work from home at your own pace. Every one of the Ohio medical transcription schools will provide you with a quality education to begin your career. Medical transcriptionists listen to physician voice recordings, transcribe them into written reports and carefully decipher abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Decide which one of the Ohio medical transcription schools is right for you by exploring our list below!
As an Ohio medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Ohio:
- Average annual salary: $32,590
- Currently employed: 3,420
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Ohio Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now