Great education opportunities are available at one of the terrific Oklahoma medical transcription schools. With one of the fastest growing economies in the nation, Oklahoma is the perfect place to begin your career. Oklahoma medical transcription schools have great campuses near Oklahoma City and Tulsa. Online degree programs are also offered through the Oklahoma medical transcription schools. No matter which Oklahoma medical transcription school you wish to attend, you will get a quality education in this exciting career field. Working as a medical transcriptionist involves listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Whether you want to enroll in an online or traditional Oklahoma medical transcription school, explore our list of featured schools below and enroll in one today!
As an Oklahoma medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Oklahoma:
- Average annual salary: $29,080
- Currently employed: 810
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Oklahoma Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now