Your education will be as diverse as the state’s landscape at one of the many Oregon medical transcription schools. There are schools available in great areas like the cities of Portland, Eugene and Salem. Oregon medical transcription schools also offer online degree earning opportunities for those who prefer working from home. The Oregon medical transcription schools will give you the skills and knowledge needed to become a great medical transcriptionist. This career involves listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Explore our list of featured Oregon medical transcription schools below and get started with an online or traditional degree earning program today!
As an Oregon medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Oregon:
- Average annual salary: $39,080
- Currently employed: 970
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Oregon Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now