The Ocean State is waiting for you, so it’s time to get your education at one of the Rhode Island medical transcription schools. You can earn your degree in Providence, Cranston, Warwick and other great locations around the state. Rhode Island medical transcription schools also offer online classes so you can earn your degree from home. Any one of the Rhode Island medical transcription schools will teach you how to be a quality medical transcriptionist. This is an interesting field of work which involves listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Enroll in one of our featured Rhode Island medical transcription schools listed below to begin your exciting education career.
As a Rhode Island medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Rhode Island:
- Average annual salary: $36,260
- Currently employed: 310
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Rhode Island Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now