Travel to the southeast and begin your education at one of the Tennessee medical transcription schools. You will have the opportunity to attend school in places like Memphis, Nashville, and Knoxville. Tennessee medical transcription schools offer education programs for everyone, including online classes. Any one of the Tennessee medical transcription schools will help you begin your career as a medical transcriptionist. Your work will consist of listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology. Take a look at our featured Tennessee medical transcription schools below and enroll in an online or traditional degree program today!
As a Tennessee medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Tennessee:
- Average annual salary: $33,080
- Currently employed: 2,090
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Tennessee Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now