The Green Mountain State has much to offer when you attend one of the terrific Vermont medical transcription schools. Despite being one of the least populous states, Vermont has many great education programs. At one of the Vermont medical transcription schools, you can earn your degree in cities like Montpelier, Burlington or even online. No matter which you choose, Vermont medical transcription schools will train you to become a skilled medical transcriptionist. This interesting career involves listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Below you will find our list of featured Vermont medical transcription schools, with both online and traditional degree earning programs. Explore the list and sign up for the school that is right for you!
As a Vermont medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Vermont:
- Average annual salary: $35,320
- Currently employed: 300
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.