In the Old Dominion you will receive a terrific education at one of the Virginia medical transcription schools. Study in great places like Richmond and Arlington or even take classes online. Virginia medical transcription schools offer something for everyone. Decide which of the Virginia medical transcription schools are best for you and start earning your degree. Medical transcriptionists listen to physician voice recordings, transcribe them into written reports and carefully decipher abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Take a look at our featured list of Virginia medical transcription schools below, including traditional education and online degree programs, and decide which school is perfect for you!
As a Virginia medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $33,150
- Currently employed: 1,690
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Virginia Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now