Earn your education in the heart of the country at one of the fantastic Washington DC medical transcription schools. By enrolling in one of the Washington DC medical transcription schools, you will be starting your career in one of the most historically rich and interesting areas of the nation. Washington DC medical transcription schools also have several great online programs where you can earn a degree at your own pace. Any option you choose will provide you with a great education and the promise of a rewarding career. As a medical transcriptionist, you will be listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Enroll in either traditional or online classes at one of our featured Washington DC medical transcription schools listed below!
As a Washington DC medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Washington DC:
- Average annual salary: $41,830
- Currently employed: 130
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Washington DC Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now