The Sunshine State will illuminate your education when you join any one of the numerous Florida medical transcription schools. There couldn’t be a better place to earn your degree when you can go to school in a great city like Tampa, Orlando or Miami. If you would prefer to work at your own pace, Florida medical transcription schools also offer online education programs. No matter which campus you attend, Florida medical transcription schools will prepare you for this exciting career path. In this field of work, you will be listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Below you will find a list of our featured Florida medical transcription schools. Decide between online and traditional classes and enroll now!
As a Florida medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Florida:
- Average annual salary: $31,840
- Currently employed: 4,170
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Florida Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now