There are several terrific South Carolina medical transcription schools available in the Palmetto State. Enroll in one of the South Carolina medical transcription schools all over the state, including great locations like Charleston and Columbia. If you prefer to earn your degree online, South Carolina medical transcription schools offer online education programs. Medical transcription is an important and rewarding career, and any of the South Carolina medical transcription schools will give you the skills you need in this field. As a medical transcriptionist, you will be listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Below you will find our list of featured South Carolina medical transcription schools. Explore this list and decide which school suits your needs!
As a South Carolina medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in South Carolina:
- Average annual salary: $32,620
- Currently employed: 840
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.