There’s no place like home, so why not make yours at one of the many Kansas medical transcription schools. The Sunflower State is one of the most hardworking and scenic regions in the country, a perfect place to begin your education! Kansas medical transcription schools have many great locations, including cities like Topeka and Wichita. There are also online degree programs available from several of the Kansas medical transcription schools. Any school you choose will provide you with a quality education in this exciting healthcare field. Working as a medical transcriptionist involves listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Explore our offerings of traditional and online Kansas medical transcription below and enroll in the program that best fits your needs!
As a Kansas medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Kansas:
- Average annual salary: $29,340
- Currently employed: 1,160
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Kansas Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now