Enroll in one of many Texas medical transcription schools to begin your education in the Lone Star State. At one of the fantastic Texas medical transcription schools, you will be able to gain your education in great places like Dallas, Houston, and San Antonio. Texas medical transcription schools also offer online degree programs if you prefer to work from home. All of the Texas medical transcription schools will train you to be a quality medical transcriptionist with a bright future. As a medical transcriptionist, you will be listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Featured below is our list of Texas medical transcription schools. Decide which one is right for you and sign up today!
As a Texas medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in Texas:
- Average annual salary: $32,080
- Currently employed: 4,590
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
Texas Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now