The Mountain State is waiting for you to enroll in one of its many great West Virginia medical transcription schools. This state is known for its rich labor force and diverse geography, and is the perfect place to start your career. West Virginia medical transcription schools have campuses in cities like Charleston, Morgantown, and Parkersburg as well as online campuses where you can work from home. West Virginia medical transcription schools will provide you with the training and knowledge needed to become highly demanded medical transcriptionist. This career involves listening to physician voice recordings, transcribing them into written reports and carefully deciphering abbreviations and advanced medical terminology.
Pick the West Virginia medical transcription school that is right for you by exploring our list of featured online and traditional degree earning programs below!
As a West Virginia medical transcriptionist, you will:
- Receive doctors’ recorded procedure notes
- Transcribe voice recordings into typed manuscripts
- Return manuscripts to the doctors for filing
- Work from home or from a medical clinic
Some career figures for medical transcription professionals in West Virginia:
- Average annual salary: $27,110
- Currently employed: 720
- Employment outlook: 6% Growth over the next decade
- Most popular degrees: Associate’s, Certificate
Figures courtesy of the U.S. Department of Labor’s Occupational Employment & Wages database.
West Virginia Medical Transcription Schools Enrolling Now